Ali's Blogs the Precurser

This is based on true events and lives. I cannot promise everything to be child friendly. Infact I KNOW things will not be child friendly. Commandments will be broken, Risks will be taken, Sexual things will be persued, and Swearing will happen. Hey this is life!! Live and let live...

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Odd events of Thankfulness

I am not the type to want to celebrate thanksgiving. I have nothing against being thankful, believe me, I am thankful for something every day of my life. I just have no desire to sit down to a meal and over indulge myself because the Pilgrims finally had a bountiful harvest and defeated those pesky Indians. Now if you were to tell me that Roosevelt just wanted Americans to take a day out of their busy lives to remember what their lives were for then fine, I am down with Thanksgiving. Instead it is a holiday to represent how well our ancestors survived and how we should be thankful for that among all our other things.

So how are you spending your Thanksgiving? Are you really just in it for the turkey and stuffing or some other favorite side dish? Come on, I won't be mad. I personally love a few of those myself. Yet is that really a reason to have a holiday? Thanksgiving can be (despite its deplorable beginnings) something good for all. Take this day to remember why you are happy with your life. Or to find a way to make someone else happy. I am quite sure that you have a lot more to be thankful for than others. So take this time to show why/how you are thankful then by just stuffing your face.

I currently am spending Thanksgiving in the hospital. My father fell down his driveway Sunday night and broke his hip. He had to have an emergency partial hip replacement. So my family and I will be spending "turkey day" eating cafeteria food and laughing at the morphine talking through my Dad.

You know what though? I am perfectly fine with that.

Yeah sure, I would much rather my father not be hurt and in the hospital for thanksgiving. Or for any day on that matter. But my family will be acting like a family. We will not be concerned with if we are having a bigger bash than the Jones. We will not be worried if we miss that last minute ad for the 4 am sale Friday. We will just be thankful that we are all together.
Nothing more, Nothing less.

until the fates let us,
Ali


1 comment:

  1. Oh no! I hope your dad is ok! Keep me informed.
    For me, Thanksgiving is mostly about family and it really is about being thankful. I got to spend my first holiday REALLY in the kitchen with my mom and I had a blast. It was such a special thing and it made me so thankful to have her because I have friends who have lost or nearly lost their mothers this year.
    I miss you! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving, all things considered.

    ReplyDelete

randomized genre